Hot on the heels of our 2.0.0 release, we're happy as a Sunday in Paris, full of song, dance, and laughter to announce the immediate availability of TorqueBox v2.0.1. This fixes a couple of regressions that slipped in between cr1 and the 2.0.0 final release, as well as a few bugs that didn't surface in the beta/candidate cycle.
- Download TorqueBox 2.0.1 (ZIP)
- Browse HTML manual
- Browse JavaDocs
- Browse Gem RDocs
- Download PDF manual
- Download ePub manual
What is TorqueBox?
TorqueBox is a Ruby application server built on JBoss AS7 and JRuby. In addition to being one of the fastest Ruby servers around, it supports Rack-based web frameworks, and provides simple Ruby interfaces to standard JavaEE services, including scheduled jobs, caching, messaging, and services.
What's changed since 2.0.0?
There aren't that many fixes in 2.0.1, but a couple of them are important, and warranted a release sooner rather than later:
- Clustering behind mod_cluster was broken in 2.0.0, but now works like gangbusters!
- Our capistrano tasks had an issue where it would appear to redeploy an application, but actually failed to do so.
Other notable changes in this release include:
- We've changed the way HornetQ buffers messages for processors to improve their utilization when your processor concurrency is > 1 and the processors are performing time consuming operations. If you are using the default concurrency of 1, you should see no performance change.
- You can now properly connect to a remote topic or queue running in another TorqueBox container.
- TorqueBox now properly starts up if used under domain mode.
Don't be a stranger!
As always, if you have any questions about or issues with TorqueBox, please get in touch.
Issues resolved since 2.0.0
- [TORQUE-748] - the default consumer-window-size may be a poor default
- [TORQUE-755] - mod_cluster should be easier to setup
- [TORQUE-756] - Capistrano-based deploys break in MRI 1.9.3p125
- [TORQUE-757] - Capistrano no longer fully deploys
- [TORQUE-758] - Capistrano support should use deploy:create_symlink hook
- [TORQUE-759] - Debugger Doesn't Work When TorqueBox Started via 'torquebox run'
- [TORQUE-760] - Cannot get more than two backgroundables to run concurrently
- [TORQUE-761] - Rails template add_source line leftover from incremental builds
- [TORQUE-765] - TorqueBox should ship without the modcluster ROOT context excluded
- [TORQUE-766] - None of the scripts in jboss/bin/ are executable in the gem install
- [TORQUE-767] - Update the production setup guide to refer to 2.0.1 instead of cr1
- [TORQUE-769] - Cannot subscribe to remote HornetQ Topics from within a TorquBox application
- [TORQUE-771] - Don't Display "Can't get or create an Infinispan cache" Log Message When Running Rake / Rails Commands
- [TORQUE-773] - Domain mode missing dependency