As I've mentioned before , the RHQ team has been very busy since RHQ 4.5.1 (and actually already before that) and has switched the application server it uses to JBoss AS 7.1. Directly after the switchover we have posted a first alpha version.
Now after more work and fixes, we are happy to provide the release 4.6 of RHQ , that has all the issues resolved that arose from the switch. Features of this release are:
- The internal app server is now JBossAS 7.1.1
- GWT has been upgraded to version 2.5
- There is a new installer (this has also changed since the 4.6 alpha release)
- The REST-Api has been enhanced
- Korean translations have been added (contributed by SungUk Jeon)
- Webservices have been removed
- Building RHQ now requires Java7, but it will still run on Java6
See the full release notes for details. They also contain a list of commits.
You can download the release from source forge .
As mentioned above, the old installer is gone, so make sure to read
the wiki document describing how to use the new installer .
Maven artifacts are available from the JBoss Nexus repository and should soon also be available from Central.
We also like to say thank you to our contributors for this release:
- Jürgen Hoffmann
- Richard Hensman
- SungUk Jeon
Please give us feedback, be it in Bugzilla , Mailing lists or the forum . Or just join us on IRC at irc.freenode.net/#rhq .